November 10, 2019

Feeling the Spirit


We had our ward Primary sacrament meeting program recently. The three youngest participated in it. Our music leader asked the girls if they would sing together two lines from the hymn I Know That My Redeemer Lives. The whole Primary sang the first verse together then the second verse was split up among a few kids singing the lines as solos.

As the kids started singing the first verse I’m telling you those words alone have power but then you get a whole Primary full of children singing it takes on a whole new meaning.

I know that my Redeemer lives.
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, he lives who once was dead.
He lives, my ever-living Head.
He lives to bless me with His love.
He lives to plead for me above.
He lives my hungry soul to feed.
He lives to bless in time of need.

The second verse was then split up and a few children sang two lines together as solos or with a sibling.

He lives to grant me rich supply.
He lives to guide me with his eye.
He lives to comfort me when faint.
He lives to hear my souls complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart.
He lives all blessings to impart.

Lulu, Gennie, and Sadie sang together the last two lines in the verse. I’ll be honest it was not the greatest performance. Some of the kids forgot the words, some kids sang other kids lines which messed up the next kids, and some kids (like mine) sang quietly and were a bit shy.

But it did not matter! The Spirit was so strong as those kids sang those sacred words describing our Savior, his role in our lives, and how he truly does live and care about every aspect of our lives.

And here’s the best thing ever ever ever! My kids felt it! Lulu actually had tears in her eyes as she sang the song.  It’s the best feeling in the world when you know without a doubt that your child is feeling the love of our Savior. It was such a sweet moment.

After the program was over I asked Lulu how she felt. She said she didn’t know. I asked her if she was crying because she felt the Holy Ghost and she said, Yeah, I think so! It was the sweetest thing ever.

No comments: